GoalA cable television network wanted to drive viewership to their summer programming.
TargetHouseholds who have viewed the network but are “non-heavy” viewers. Also, targeted households who have viewed competitive programming.
Addressable TV: Creative was shown to target households. Creative changes occurred multiple times a week, based on client request
IP Targeting: Pre-roll videos and display ads were delivered to the same TV household segments
Incremental Tune-In Lift
Exposed Tune-In Rate
Unexposed Tune-In Rate
- Households exposed to both the Linear and Digital Campaign converted at an average rate that was 67% higher than that of the average non-exposed households.
- Despite OTT only running for 3 of the 8 weeks, there is evidence that when households were targeted by the linear and OTT campaigns they returned the highest average tune-in rates as compared to all other exposure combinations.
- 11.8% of medium (11-50 imps) exposed Linear-only converted households tuned to four or more (4+) summer movies across the 8 campaign weeks
- 38.3% of heavy (51+ imps) exposed Linear-only converted households tuned to four or more (4+) summer movies across the 8 campaign weeks
- Exposed households displayed the highest tune-in conversion rates during Daytime (9A-6P) and Primetime (6P-12A)
Source: a4 Advertising & Data Solutions, Total Audience Data. Conversion analysis based on set-top box and Digital ad exposure. Incremental Lift = (Exposed tune-in rate – Unexposed tune-in rate)/Unexposed tune-in rate; All rates are rounded to two decimals; *Target Households represents the weekly average throughout the campaign. 5 Minute Cumulative QH Minimum/5 Hour Maximum Edit Rule utilized in tuning data. Live+3 tuning data utilized from the Optimum footprint