In this Website Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”), “we,” “us,” “NYI,” and “our” refer to NY Interconnect, LLC and its affiliates. We use the term “visitor” to refer to any person or entity who accesses any part of this website for any amount of time through any means.
NYI owns and operates this website. To our website visitors: NYI respects your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice is designed to provide you with information about how NYI protects your privacy in connection with your use of this website. By accessing or using this website, you accept this Privacy Notice.
To our clients: This Privacy Notice does not govern NYI’s treatment of information it collects and receives about you in connection with products and/or services provided to you by NYI. Instead, it governs the information it may collect and/or receive through this website. NYI’s products and/or services are governed by separate privacy notices and agreements.
- How we collect visitor information
We may collect, maintain, and access certain information you provide and information collected from your use of this website and services available through this website. This visitor information may include information that can be associated with you personally (“Personally Identifiable Information”). Visitor information may include, among other things, your first and last name, your home addresses, and your telephone number.
We will collect Personally Identifiable Information about you when you voluntarily provide it to us. When you use website features that ask you for certain information, you provide Personally Identifiable Information. You can navigate through this website without giving us Personally Identifiable Information, but certain activities are only available to our subscribers who provide us such information.
Personally Identifiable Information does not include aggregated data, anonymized information, or other information that does not identify a particular person. We may generate anonymized or aggregated information from the information we collect. This is information from which any Personally Identifiable Information has been removed. Anonymized or aggregated information does not identify you. Our collection, use, and disclosure of anonymized and aggregated information are not subject to any of the restrictions in this Privacy Notice. Anonymized or aggregated information may include, among other things, Internet server and browser identification, the Internet service provider, duration of visit, and domain type. This aggregated information will not reveal any Personally Identifiable Information about any specific visitor.
We may also collect visitor information in the following ways:
- Clear GIFs. Like many websites, we may use clear GIFs (also known as “web beacons,” “Internet tags,” or “pixel tags”). Clear GIFs are lines of code that allow websites to summarize overall visitor usage patterns and to provide personalized services. We may use clear GIFs, for instance, to track visitor preferences or to gather aggregated information about visitor usage patterns. We do not use clear GIFs to collect any Personally Identifiable Information about visitors.
- Passive Automatic Electronic Collection. Like operators of most other websites, we collect and log information automatically, either directly or through a third party service provider. For example, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the name and location of your Internet Service Provider, the type and version of your browser, the length of time you visit this website, your search queries on this website, and the average number of pages you viewed. Logging your IP address does not by itself provide us with your name, e-mail address, or home or work address. We use this log information for systems administration purposes and for technical troubleshooting. We may also use it to gather general demographic information about you, such as your general location.
- How we use visitor information
We use Personally Identifiable Information collected from visitors for several important purposes, including:
- to protect the security of visitors and this website;
- to help prevent fraud; and
- to provide you with a website and services of enhanced value to you.
We also use anonymized or aggregated information to improve website services, to gauge the effectiveness of this website, and to improve and enhance visitors’ experiences on this website.
- When we disclose visitor information
Except as described in this Privacy Notice, we will not disclose Personally Identifiable Information collected through this website to entities other than to NYI affiliates unless (a) it is necessary to enable us to provide services or to conduct legitimate business activities related to this website; or (b) you give your consent before we disclose your Personally Identifiable Information.
We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with persons or companies who help us operate this website by providing maintenance and technical services. We may also provide your Personally Identifiable Information to other third parties when you expressly consent.
We contractually require our service providers to maintain at least the same level of confidentiality for the Personally Identifiable Information we provide to them as we maintain for such information. Additionally, we require that our service providers’ use of such information not exceed that needed to provide the service.
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your visitor information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, in the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all, or components, of our business.
- How long we will keep visitor information
NYI may retain Personally Identifiable Information and other information collected through this website for as long as is reasonable for the purposes for which it was collected.
- How we protect visitor information
We follow industry-standard practices to protect information collected through this website. Visitors’ Personally Identifiable Information is stored in NYI databases in physically secure facilities. If we share visitor information with NYI affiliates, the affiliate will follow similar practices to protect Personally Identifiable Information collected through this website.
Any information transmitted over the Internet may be subject to breaches of security. Although we follow commercially reasonable practices to securely store the information we collect and to work with responsible third parties, we cannot guarantee these practices will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose such information.
- Third party collection and use of information
- How we protect children’s online privacy
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have received Personally Identifiable Information of a child under 13, we will delete the information from our records.
- Notice to visitors from outside the U.S.
This website is published in the United States. By visiting this website, by using services offered through this website, or by providing Personally Identifiable Information to us or to our service providers, you agree that we may collect, use, and disclose your Personally Identifiable Information as described in this Privacy Notice, including by transferring such information from the country where you live to the United States.
- Notice to California residents: Your California Privacy Rights
Individuals who reside in California and who have provided their Personally Identifiable Information to this website may request information regarding disclosures of this information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at the following address:
NY Interconnect, LLC
530 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10036
Attn: Legal Department
Such requests may be made only once each calendar year. We may not respond to requests sent to addresses other than the one shown above.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. We will notify you of such changes by posting the revised Privacy Notice on this website. We encourage you to periodically review the Privacy Notice to inform yourself of any changes. The revised Privacy Notice will be effective on the date it is posted unless the revised notice states otherwise. Your accessing or use of this website after the effective date of the revised Privacy Notice will constitute your acceptance of the revised Privacy Notice.
- Questions about this Privacy Notice
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice:
NY Interconnect, LLC
530 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10036
Attn: Legal Department
Effective April 5, 2018